So one reason this is amazing is because it takes like five minutes to throw together. Next reason is who doesn't love cinnamon? I do. It's another one of my addictions. Now I will tell you this recipe didn't call for enough cinnamon in my opinion so I shook in some extra. I'll leave that decision up to you. Also for my bread to bake all the way through I had to tack on 15 minutes, so I would start with 45 minutes and then go at 5 minute intervals after that if it is needed. Click read more for the recipe and Happy Treats!
1/3 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (I added a little more, I am a wild woman!)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup white sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk (I used skim and it still is amazing)
1/3 cup vegetable oil (I used canola)
1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
2. Mix together flour, baking powder, salt and 1 cup sugar.
3. Add egg, milk and vegetable oil.
4. Stir until just moistened and pour half of batter into pan.
5. Sprinkle batter with remaining 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon.
6. Pour remaining batter into pan.
7. Bake for 45 minutes.
8. When inserted toothpick comes out clean remove and let cool for 10 minutes then remove from pan and let cool on rack completely.
recipe adapted from A Whisk and A Prayer
I am linked up with lady Behind the Curtain, The Mandatory Mooch, Recipes for my Boys