Start by heating up 4 cans of chicken broth, DO NOT BOIL, only heat it up
Crumble up your cornbread. Cornbread recipe found here
Add your chopped onion and celery and mix together
Add pepper to taste and add your chicken broth. You are only looking to moisten the crumb mixture not make it soupy. I had about half a can of broth left.
Chop up half of a medium white onion and about 4-5 stalks of celery
Add a bag of Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix to the crumbled cornbread
Whisk your eggs then add to mixture
Put in your dish and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
Cornbread (recipe found here)
1 Bag of Pepperidge Farm stuffing (I used herb seasoned)
4 cans of chicken broth (I DO NOT use low sodium because I do not add salt)
1 medium white onion
4-5 stalks of celery
Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 and spray your casserole dish.
2. Heat your chicken broth (DO NOT BOIL)
3. Chop up half of your white onion and 4-5 stalks of celery.
4. Crumble your cornbread into a very large bowl. (There should be big chunks you do not need to make a fine crumb)
5. Add your Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix to cornbread.
6. Add your onion and celery to bread mixture.
7. Whisk your eggs and add to bread mixture.
8. Add your chicken broth to bread mixture till moist and then pepper to taste. (I had about half a can of broth left, you want the stuffing to be moist and not soupy)
9. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
I was told this recipe can stuff a 20 lb. turkey and still have plenty left for your table! Happy Treats!
Recipe from Nanny which was given to her by her mother Grandnanny.