Three Cheese Macaroni
- 12ounces dried elbow macaroni (2-2/3 cups)
- 1 1/2cups milk
- 1/4cup butter, melted
- 1/2teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 8ounces American cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (2 cups)
- 2ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)
- 20rich round crackers, crushed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. In a large pot cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Return to pot.
2. Add milk, melted butter, pepper, and salt. Stir in cheeses. Transfer to a greased 2-quart casserole.
3. Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Carefully stir mixture. Sprinkle with crushed crackers. Bake 5 minutes more or until crackers are browned and mixture is just heated through (dont overheat or mixture will curdle). Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Makes 8 to 10 side-dish servings.
recipe from Better Homes and Gardens