I have graduated from the Wilton cake decorating class course one! Woo hoo! I am so pumped to be on my way to decorating cakes and cupcakes. Have you taken the Wilton courses before? If so what did you think of them? Don't forget if you haven't already to follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to check out all of my finished projects!
Now on to the good stuff it's time for part two in the series. This is what we are going to make with those Buttery Crust we made last week There is something about this recipe especially when it first comes out of the oven. The warm fresh blueberries look and smell amazing! Well my mouth is officially watering just thinking about it! Happy Treats!
2 cups of blueberries
2 teaspoons of cornstarch
1/4 cup of sugar
4 teaspoons of water
1/2 cup of flour
grated rind of one lemon
3 teaspoons of butter, diced
1/2 recipe of Buttery Crust
1. Preheat oven to 375 and lightly grease cupcake pan.
2. Put half of your blueberries into a sauce pan with the cornstarch, half of the sugar and the water. Cook uncovered, stirring continuously for 2-3 minutes.
3. When the juices begin to run and the sauce thickens remove from heat and add the remaining blueberries to the sauce pan.
4. For the streusel, put the flour, remaining sugar, butter and lemon rind in a bowl. Toss together the rub through your fingers until it looks like breadcrumbs.
5. Next you will need half of the Buttery Crust recipe. Roll out your dough and then use a small cookie cutter about 2 1/2 inches in diameter and put into a prepared cupcake pan.
6. Spoon your blueberry filling into the crust.
7. Then sprinkle the streusel on top of tartes and bake for 15 minutes!
recipe from Mini Delights cookbook
Leave a Reply.