I have decided Bruschetta is probably the best for this task. First it is super east and it is always a great presentation that is sure to impress! Just be sure to choose your tomatos wisely because it can be difficult this time of year but I always seem to find a few that turn out to be gorgeous. Stay up to date with A Little Treat by subscribing to our email list! Just click below and follow the link! Follow up in your email (check your spam folder if it does not appear). Thank you for stopping by!
2 pounds on the vine RIPE tomatos or use roma or use whatever you can find that looks beautiful
3 cloves of garlic finely minced or use a garlic press like I do sooooo much easier
5 basil leaves julienned and grab a couple more to garnish your plate
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Quarter the tomatoes and pull out all the seeds and center pulp or just use your knife and slice it out
3. Chop tomatoes into small pieces
4. In a bowl combine tomatoes, garlic, julienned basil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
5. Store tomato mixture in fridge
6. Slice French loaf into 1 inch slices
7. Place bread on baking sheet and butter top side and then sprinkle with a dash of garlic powder
8. Bake in oven for 10 minutes
9. When finished spoon tomato mixture on top and then ENJOY!