Hello my friends! Well this week will be my last Level one Wilton baking class. So stay tuned for pics of my final project! As usual I will be posting pics on my Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts. I can't wait to share with you all the final cake. I am very excited and nervous to see how it will turn out! Now on to the Buttery Crust! So during my journey, making all things small and sweet, my best friend of 21 years Amy gave me this wonderful Little Pies and Little Cakes cookbook. I was so excited to see all the things I love turned into bite-sized treats. So today's recipe with actually be something we use for many recipes in the future. Grab you r rolling pin and your flour and let's get messy! Happy Treats!
2 3/4 cups of flour
2/3 cup of confectioner's sugar
3/4 cup of butter at room temperature, diced
4 egg yolks
1. Spoon flour onto work surface. Add sugar and mix together. Create a well in the center
2. Put butter and egg yolks into well.
3. Work butter and yolks together while gradually drawing flour into the mixture.
4. Blend until almost all of the flour has been incorporated and the knead into a ball.
5. Place in refrigerator for 15 minutes and then you are ready for your pie!
Stay tuned for the Blueberry Tartes recipe where we will be using this dough! Happy Treats!
recipe from Mini Delights cookbook
Leave a Reply.