Hi friends check out the guest post I did for Lady Behind the Curtain! Don't forget to check out her site also!
Hi my name is Cassie and normally you can find me at A Little Treat but today I am very excited to be visiting Lady Behind the Curtain! I have loved this site for a while now and I look forward to the fun Cast Party Wednesday every week. So for this occasion I decided I would bring over some chocolate chip cookies. Does anyone ever stop looking for great cookie recipes? I do agree with the "if it ain't broke" attitude but I kept hearing so much about adding cornstarch to cookies that I couldn't resist trying it just once. So today I threw out the favorite, Nestle Tollhouse, recipe and opted to try something a little different! I found an awesome recipe and set my self to work. I could barely contain myself when I pulled them out of the oven the delicious smell and the beautiful color was taking me over. When they were finally cool enough to try I was not disappointed. The addition of corn starch made them soft as a cloud! I am glad I made this discovery before cookie season. Now I have a new recipe in my arsenal and you do to! Happy Treats!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
3/4 c. unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks), softened
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. granulated sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. bittersweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix together butter, brown sugar and white sugar until creamy.
3. Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
4. In separate bowl mix together flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
5. Add dry ingredients to sugar mixture one cup at a time.
6. Drop by the tablespoon full onto baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges turn golden brown. The middle will still be very light. Be careful to not overbake.
7. Let cool on cookie sheet for five minutes then transfer to wire rack.
8. Share a couple and devour the rest!
recipe adapted from Apple A Day