OK so by now you all probably know that I LOVE to bake. I like desserts. I like treats. I like sweets. Now what you may not know is I also LOVE breakfast. Now when I say that I like the sweet breakfasts. Don't get me wrong a big greasy plate of bacon and eggs is amazing some days but most times I want a bowl of cereal or a muffin. So I was browsing for recipes the other day and I saw the recipe for Doughnut Muffins. Who doesn't love a doughnut? AND it's not deep fried! It's baked! Can I say YUM? Happy Treats!
For the Batter
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
For the Glaze
3 tablespoons butter; melted
1 cup confectioners’ sugar; sifted
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons hot water
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly grease a standard muffin tin.
2) In a medium-sized mixing bowl, cream together the butter, vegetable oil, and sugars till smooth.
3) Add the eggs, beating to combine.
4) Stir in the baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla.
5) Stir the flour into the butter mixture alternately with the milk, start and end with the flour and making sure everything is thoroughly combined.
6) Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared pan, filling the cups nearly full.
7) Bake the muffins for 15 to 17 minutes, or until they’re a pale golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the middle of one of the center muffins comes out clean.
8.) In a medium bowl, prepare the glaze by mixing together the melted butter, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and water. Whisk until smooth.
9.) When muffins have cooled slightly, dip the muffin crown into the glaze and allow the glaze to harden. At this point, you can leave them as is or go for the double dip. I glazed my muffins twice.
10.) Serve warm, or cool on a rack and wrap airtight. Muffins will keep at room temperature for about a day.
recipe from My Baking Addiction
I am linked up with Lady Behind the Curtain, Recipes for My Boys, The Mandatory Mooch, Tidy Mom
8/16/2012 04:44:59 am
This looks delicious!! I'd love to have you link this up to Tasty Thursdays on The Mandatory Mooch
8/22/2012 05:58:55 am
These look wonderful! My boys love sweets for breakfast also. I can't wait to make them. Thank you for sharing on Thursday's Treasures Week 47. Looking forward to more amazing recipes! <3 and hugs! http://www.recipesformyboys.com/2012/08/thursdays-treasures-week-47.html
8/22/2012 09:32:31 am
This looks so yummy!! Thanks for linking up to Tasty Thursdays at The Mandatory Mooch. Hope you will link up again this week. The party will be live tonight. www.mandatorymooch.blogspot.com
Leave a Reply.