Today I made cornbread in preparation for the Crazy Cooking Challenge tomorrow. Now I am using a recipe that has been passed down a few generations. I'm not sure how many women in our family have made this but I do know for sure that my Grandnanny (Great-Grandma) made this. Trust me when I say cornbread doesn't get any better than this!
1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
1/4 cup of flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons baking powder
1 cup milk
4 tablespoons oil
1. Preheat oven to 425 and spray a 9x9 baking dish.
2. Mix together all dry ingredients.
3. In separate bowl whisk eggs and then add milk to eggs.
4. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and mix.
5. Add oil to mixture.
6. Pour into prepared pan and bake at 425 for 15 minutes then reduce temperature to 400 and bake an additional 5 minutes.
7. Let cool and either eat or save for the stuffing recipe coming tomorrow!
Recipe from Nanny which was given to her by her mother Grandnanny.
I am linked up with The Mandatory Mooch, Lady Behind the Curtain