Soon I realized I coul not decide which one to try. There was an overwhelming amount and I gave up. Homemade granola bars were forgotten until one magnificent day. I was at work and a coworker came up to me put a nut bar in my face and said eat this. Refusing would obviously be rude so I took, I ate and I waited for the time when should would tell me to eat another one. After my second one I asked for the recipe. It is sooooooo easy and completely customizable. I changed a few things around to get the bar like I wanted it. Use the same amount of marshmallows I did for a softer bar with more chew. Cut the marshmallows in half for a crunchier bar. So see below for this awesome, super easy recipe!
Stay up to date with A Little Treat by subscribing to our email list! Just go the the top right and follow the link! Follow up in your email (check your spam folder if it does not appear). Thank you for stopping by!
Marshamallow Nut and Seed Bars
6 oz bag Pistachios (No shell, Roasted and Salted)
9 oz bag Sunflower Kernals (No shell, Roasted and Salted)
10 oz bag Peanuts (No Shell, Oil Roasted and Salted)
8 oz bag Cashew Halves and Pieces (Roasted and Salted)
10.5 oz bag of Marshmallows (I used mini)
1. Spray a cookie sheet with Pam and get a sheet of wax paper. Set aside.
2. Spray stock pot with Pam cooking spray and turn stove to medium heat.
3. Pour in Marshmallows and stir constantly until melted.
4. Turn off heat and add all the nuts and seeds to marshamallows and stir together. (You will get a workout)
5. Pour mixture onto prepared cookie sheet. Use wax paper to push the mixture down. It will stick a bit.
6. Let set for about four hours. Then slice and enjoy!
These are the exact ingredients I used in my bars but, you can completely change them around. Take one out and put another in!