So a few months ago I was being incredibly productive and browsing Pinterest. And that is when I saw it. The beautiful cake on my screen with a can of Mountain Dew can glowing in the background. This definitely peaked my interest. You see my sweet has a small addiction to Mountain Dew and I just knew if I clicked on this beautiful photo it would open up a world of sodacake possibilities.
I trusted my instinct and clicked. It brought me to a wonderful blog called Cookies and Cups. Her story about the Mountain Dew Cake had me laughing so hard I was crying so I would suggest you take a moment to check it out. After reading her story and looking at the cake I knew it must be made. What better time to make than for my sweets birthday! So last week that's what I did. He tasted the cake and I thought for a minute I wouldn't have a piece for myself! And on top of that he took a drink of Mountain Dew after and said it just wasn't the same after the cake. So this cake is sweetie approved! Happy Treats!
1 box of Lemon Cake (I suggest Betty Crocker super moist)
1 12 oz. can of Mountain Dew (a.k.a 1 1/2 cups)
4 large eggs
3/4 cup of canola oil
3 cups of powdered sugar
1/4 cup of Mountain Dew
1. Preheat your oven to 350 and spray your bundt pan with cooking spray
2. Mix your cake mix, Mountain Dew, Eggs, and canola oil together. Beat on low speed for about a minute and then crank it up to medium until mixed well. (The Mountain Dew fizzes a lot so watch out!)
3. Pour your batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake for 45 minutes.
5. Let cake cool on a rack in the pan for ten minutes and then pull out of pan and let cool completely. (Be careful it's still quit warm!)
6. Time to glaze!
7. Mix together your powdered sugar and Mountain Dew until there are NO lumps.
8. After your cake is completely cooled pour glaze over cake. (Be sure to put a plate or wax paper under your rack to catch the runoff, or do like I did and put your cake on a cake plate and pour it all over the place!)
recipe adapted from Cookies and Cups Mountain Dew Cake
I am linked up with Lady Behind the Curtain, Recipes for My Boys, Tidy Mom