The time has come for another Crazy Cooking Challenge brought to you by our wonderful host Tina at Mom's Crazy Cooking. So this month's challenge I was super excited about because it was cheesecake. Oh man I was drooling all over my keyboard looking at all the possibilities. I finally decided I wanted to go with a more classic route and chose a New York style cheesecake. I couldn't have been happier with that decision!
Warning: This is a highly addictive cheesecake. It is not for the faint of heart or the lactose intolerant.
I found this recipe on allrecipes.com.
Place it in the fridge to cool down a little more I'd say about an hour and then pull that puppy out slice a HUGE piece and dig in! I feel we deserve this for waiting like 8 hours which in cheesecake time is more like fourteen days. Happy Treats!
15 graham crackers crushed
6 tablespoons butter melted
4-8 ounce packages cream cheese
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup of milk
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 then grease your springform pan. **
2. Crush your graham crackers and mix with melted butter. Then press the mixture into the bottom of the pan.
3. Mix together cream cheese and sugar until combined then add the milk.
4. Add eggs one at a time.
5. Add sour cream, vanilla and flour until combined. (Don't forget to scrape down sides of bowl)
6. Pour mixture into pan and place in preheated oven for one hour. Turn off the oven and leave cheesecake in oven to cool for 6 hours (this helps prevent cracking!).
7. Place cheesecake in fridge for one hour then slice and dig in!
**Note you may want to put parchment paper down before you press the crust in the pan. I failed to do this and it makes it a bear to get out. If you do happen to forget run a sharp knife between crust and pan and pray that it comes out nicely!
recipe from allrecipes.com
I am linked up with Lady Behind the Curtain, Recipes for My Boys, Tidy Mom
Hop around and check out some awesome recipes for cheesecake!