So I am always on the look-out for different breakfast ideas. I also am always looking for different oat recipes. I absolutely love oats but oatmeal gets a little boring after a while. So I came across this recipe a while back. One of my favorite things about this recipe is it's not loaded with ten pounds of sugar. Only one kind, just brown sugar and only 1/4 cup! So get those ovens ready and let's start baking breakfast!
Let the bars cool completely and then cup up and enjoy!
Go ahead and spread some extra peanut butter on one and eat it like that. No worries I won't judge. Happy Treats!
1 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
1 large egg
1 large banana
1/4 creamy peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 and light grease 8x8 baking pan.
2. Mix together oats, brown sugar, baking powder, kosher salt and cinnamon.
3. Mix in vanilla, milk and egg until combined.
4. Add large banana and peanut butter until combined.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
6. Let cool completely and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Gingerbread Bagels
I am linked up with Lady Behind the Curtain, Recipes for my Boys